7.24.2013

REUNITED!

I am sitting in my million degree house sauna, and I know it’s going to be a long time before it’s cool enough to sleep (thanks for that, Mother Nature), so what better to do than grace the Internet with a new blog?  I know I haven’t been blogging a lot lately (my dad has pointed it out multiple times) – partly because of stress, partly because I’ve been busy, and partly because I haven’t been super inspired to write a lot lately.  But today, I have something I want to share!

Erika is back in town!  And she brought a very special someone with her …

DSC_0357

This is John.  He doesn’t know he is making his blog debut, but I’m sure someone will tell him soon enough.

I took the afternoon off work and went with my parents to pick them up from airport.  Mom and Dad rewarded me by refusing to use the air conditioning in the car all afternoon, despite the fact that it was NINETY SEVEN DEGREES.  Yes, you heard me.  Sometimes I am not sure we are really related.  They will regret this decision next winter when they come over to watch football and complain that my house is too cold.

Anyway, back to Erika and John.  I am SO happy to see my sister, and so excited to meet John after hearing all about him.  We ran some errands, went out to dinner, and then we took them to visit the world-famous track at my alma mater.   

DSC_0354

DSC_0362

It was a very fun evening, and I am looking forward to a fun couple weeks while they are here!

No comments: