3.22.2012

Snow Day Number Two

And I thought yesterday was a snow day!  In some places the snow changed to rain yesterday, but in my town it never stopped snowing.  All.  Day.  Long.  It didn’t accumulate much during the day yesterday because it was so wet, but as soon as the sun went down at 7 pm it started piling up again.  By the time Nathan got home from work, we had at least six inches of snow!!!  Way more than what we got Wednesday.  He could barely get the car into the driveway, even with the snow tires.  I woke up to this:

DSC_0033_01

It was so pretty, but such a pain, because I really needed to get to work today.  So I waited for the sun to come up, confirmed that the power was back on at work, and left the house around 8:30.  It took me five minutes to get our of my one car driveway, and about another ten minutes to make the two minute trip to the freeway.  Our neighborhood was snowed in!!!

IMGP0125IMGP0123

IMGP0126IMGP0134

It was a little sad to see all the beautiful cherry trees that lost branches or did not survive the heavy, wet snow.  (And also slightly disturbing, considering I spent ten minutes Wednesday morning standing underneath a cherry tree taking pictures.  Luckily all that fell on me was a giant piece of wet snow.)  It was so rare to see so much snow at the end of March, when so much of the time we don’t get this much snow all winter.  I love snow, but only when I don’t have to drive in it.  I am ready to be done with the crazy weather!

No comments: