11.22.2012

22 Days of Thanks

By now, we have all seen the “Days of Thanks” posts going around on Facebook.  I wanted to participate, but posting a daily status update on Facebook is a long stretch for me.  I felt like it was much more doable for me to write down my “thanks” each day and compile a list.  So, here you go – 22 days of thanks, Megan-style.

1.  I am thankful to my parents for letting me be myself, and accepting me and loving me for who I am.

2.  I am thankful for a wonderful husband who tells me every day that he loves me.

3.  I am thankful that I can truthfully say I want for nothing.  I have a loving family, a great job, a roof over my head, food in my cupboards, and clothes in my closet.  I am truly lucky.

4.  I am thankful for the beautiful colors of fall leaves, and that I live in a state full of trees.

5.  I am thankful for Doug Martin.  I am sorry I doubted your abilities.

6.  I am thankful for weekends.  Enough said.

7.  I am thankful for parents who are always there for me, always listen, and always answer the phone.  Even when it is just to answer my stupid questions about how long something can stay in my fridge before it is no longer safe to eat.  They are reliable and constant, and never let me down.

8.  I am thankful for open minds and open hearts.

9. I am thankful for a husband who makes me laugh, and who always seems to know when I need a laugh (even before I do!).

10.  I am thankful for home cooked meals.

11.  I am thankful that I can run, no matter how slow it may be.

12.  I am thankful for my memories.  Memories are something we make, but they are also something that we take for granted.  For Alzheimer or dementia patients, a lifetime of memories can be lost in an instant.  This type of memory loss is not something that I or anyone else can control, but I can give thanks and appreciate my memories for as long as God blesses me with them.

13.  I am thankful for quiet days at work.  It feels nice to get caught up and get things done!

14.  I am thankful for Nick at Night.  Nothing more relaxing than an episode of Full House!

15.  I am thankful for all the beauty that can be found in the smallest of things.

16.  I am thankful for my siblings, and the days when we get to catch up.

17.  I am thankful for old friends.  Also, one of my old friends and I are thankful that Kristen Stewart’s acting abilities seem to have slightly improved between the first and last installments of Twilight.

18.  I am thankful that I have a husband who willingly helps me with housework.

19.  I am thankful for rain.  I love it!  I must remind myself of this on the days when the rain forces me to drive home in pitch black monsoon weather.

20.  I am thankful for all of the opportunities I have been given in my life, and to those who have given opportunities to me.

21.  I am thankful for people who stand up for what is right and support those who need it.

22.  I am thankful that I can spend Thanksgiving with people that I love.

And now, I better get moving, because it is after 9 AM and I still haven’t started cooking my parts of this Thanksgiving meal.  Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, enjoy the football and shopping (GO PATRIOTS!), and drive safely.

No comments: