2.14.2012

Love Is All You Need

Happy Valentine’s Day!  It’s funny how the meaning of Valentine’s Day changes as you get older.  When you are a kid, it’s all about who to give your cheesy Disney valentines to.  As a teenager, it’s all about whether some cute boy sent you balloons or flowers at school.  When you FINALLY have an actual boyfriend on Valentine’s Day, it’s so exciting to show off what he gets you (and anxiety inducing to figure out the equally perfect gift for him).  And now that I am an adult, and Valentine’s Day has lost most of its nervous anticipation, I see it more as a day to be thankful for the love that I have everywhere in my life, from my husband to my family.  A time to spend with the people who mean the most to me, even if it means staying at home doing absolutely nothing besides enjoying each others company.  The presents and flowers don’t mean much compared to all the love that is present in my life.

In celebration of Valentine’s Day, I want to share two pictures of love – my parents on their wedding day (July 14, 1984), and Nathan and I on ours (December 17, 2011).

momdadweddingbwhickman-560

No comments: